Rates & Policies
|May 3, 2013 − October 31, 2013|
|November 1, 2013 − March 31, 2014|
tax rate is 10.3% after July 1, 2013
rates vary based on room selection
*weekend rate applies to Friday, Saturday & Sunday
- Rates are based on 2 persons per room.
- The Boston Harbor Suite is the only room that can accommodate an additional person with extra charge, and by prior arrangement only. All other rooms have a maximum occupancy of 2 people.
- Well−behaved children under 12 are welcome at the innkeeper’s discretion, by prior arrangement.
- There is a 2−night minimum with Saturday check−in May through October. Saturday one−night stays may be available based on how other reservations have been booked, and may have a $25 surcharge. Please call to inquire about availability.
- Friday one-night stays May through October are available for select rooms and may be booked through our online system.
- Friday or Saturday one−night stays May through October require payment in full at booking and are non−refundable.
- Reservations for arrival within 14 days or less will be charged in full and are non−refundable.
- Festivals, special events and holidays have a non-refundable deposit regardless of when reservation is made.
- Walk−in, one−night stays are always welcome, depending on availability.
- We are required to collect 10% tax (5% VA state tax and 5% Occupancy tax) in addition to the daily rate. Tax rate will increase to 10.3% on July 1, 2013.
Check−in is from 4−6 pm or by appointment. At booking, we will ask for an estimated arrival time. If your plans change, we ask that you please contact us. We base our work schedule on arrival times and want to make sure someone is available to welcome you to Fig Street Inn. Guests arriving earlier than 4 pm will be able to pick up keys and drop off bags, and will be given access to their room(s) if ready. If your room is not ready, there is a common 1/2 bath for guest use. If arriving after 6 pm, and if we have not been notified of a late arrival, rooms may be given away to walk−in guests as we may assume you are a “no show’.
Check−out is by 11 am.
All reservations require a deposit of one−night’s stay by Visa, MasterCard, American Express, or Discover. Reservations for Friday or Saturday one−night stays May through October or for arrival within 14 days will be charged in full and are non−refundable.
For stays 5 nights or longer, a 50% deposit is required.
Your balance is due upon check−in. We accept Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, and cash. Guests using gift certificates/cards as final payment must inform us at booking so we may verify any restrictions or expiration dates. We are unable to accept gift cards or certificates if we were not notified at time of booking.
Please note that we are a small inn and rooms are specifically set aside for guests based on their reservations. Although we understand plans change for various reasons, please realize that cancellations affect us greatly. Last minute cancellations and changes can make it very difficult for us to re−book a room.
Once you have made a reservation (whether over the phone or through our on−line system), there is a $35 cancellation fee per room regardless of when the cancellation is made. If canceled with a minimum 14 days notice prior to arrival, we issue a refund, less the $35 cancellation fee. Reservations for 5 nights or more have a 30−day cancellation policy with cancellation fee equal to one−night stay/room. Cancellation policy for whole house bookings including special events, weddings or private parties hosted at Fig Street Inn may differ and will be outlined in a written, signed contract.
If canceled with less than 14 days, any deposit paid is forfeited and you are responsible for your balance in full, if we are not able to re-book the room. We must be able to re-book the room for the entire length of your reservation. We issue a refund for the amount at which we can rebook the room, less the $35 cancellation fee. For example, if your rate is $175/night, but we rebook the room for $150, your refund is $115 ($175 minus $25 difference in rate minus $35 cancellation fee).
Guests that are a “no−show”, depart early, or cancel with less than 72 hours notice from day of arrival, are responsible for the full amount of their stay.
Prior to check−in, reservations with a minimum stay requirement that are reduced to fewer nights, will be charged the full amount of the minimum required stay. We reserve the right to charge a $35 change fee for guests reducing a stay that does not have a minimum stay requirement. Reservations may be extended at any time based on availability.
Once you have checked−in, guests are responsible for the full amount of their reservations.
9 am EST on the day of your scheduled arrival is the time used to determine the 72 hour, 14 day, and 30 day cancellation period.
Cancellations (or changes to your reservation) are not considered received and processed unless you speak directly with one of the innkeepers. All refunds are issued by company check.
- Check−in is 4−6 pm. Earlier or later check−in is by appointment and must be arranged prior to arrival.
- Check−out is by 11 am.
- A full, hot breakfast is served from 8:30 am to 9:30 am. Please inform us of any dietary restrictions or allergies prior to arrival.
- We are a smoke free property. There is a minimum $250 cleaning fee per incident. Guests will be asked to leave and will be responsible for damages or fines incurred for smoking on premise.
- Burning of candles or incense within guest rooms/baths is prohibited.
- We are unable to accommodate guest pets. The innkeepers have an indoor−only cat (Jett) who does not have access to guest rooms.
- Children over 12 are welcome anytime. Children under 12 are welcome at the discretion of the innkeepers, by prior arrangement, usually mid−week and off−season.
- The innkeepers live on premise in private quarters with their two children.
- Damages or missing items may become the responsiblility of the guest(s). Anything beyond “normal wear and tear” in which repairs, a cleaning service, or replacement are required will be charged to the credit card on file. We understand that accidents happen and ask that you notify us prior to your departure of any spills or damage so we may address these situations immediately to avoid charges to you.