Things to do near Fig Street Inn, a boutique style bed and breakfast, Cape Charles, VA
public beach on the Eastern Shore is located in Cape Charles, and is just over ½ mile from our bed and breakfast. Park your car at Fig Street Inn and walk to the beach or there is plenty of free street parking at the beach. Our bed and breakfast provides complimentary beach towels, umbrellas and chairs. If you prefer to rent a golf cart or bicycle to get around town, contact Eastern Shore Custom Carts at 757-999-2278. They offer everything from golf carts, jet skis, and bicycles, and reservations are highly recommended. Custom Carts is around the corner, or ask for complimentary drop off at our bed and breakfast.
Our historic downtown district is about a ½ mile walk from Fig Street Inn and offers a variety of shops, restaurants and galleries. Get pampered at Breezes Day Spa. Check out work by local artists at gallery209 and Stage Door Gallery, go antiquing or spend the day on a fishing charter. Cape Charles also offers two signature PGA golf courses at Bay Creek, voted 12th in the U.S. in 2010.
Where to eat in Cape CharlesLocated just over a ½ mile from our bed and breakfast, Aqua is in the heart of Bay Creek’s Marina Village with views of the Chesapeake Bay. Aqua offers an exceptional, varied menu for lunch and dinner and reservations are highly recommended. At Bay Creek Resort & Club (a short drive) is Coach House Tavern, located between the Arnold Palmer and Jack Nicklaus golf courses.
Within walking distance to our bed & breakfast (about ½ mile) are Cape Charles Coffee House, Hook−U−Up Gourmet, Kelly’s Gingernut Pub, and an old fashioned soda fountain at Rayfield’s Pharmacy. For a comprehensive list of restaurants outside Cape Charles, visit Eastern Shore Tourism, or the Eastern Shore Chamber of Commerce.
See a complete list of places to eat in Cape Charles. Wherever you choose to dine, we are more than happy to make reservations on your behalf.
General information about the Eastern Shore (top of page)
- Northampton Chamber of Commerce
- Eastern Shore of Virginia Chamber of Commerce
- Eastern Shore of Virginia Tourism Commission
- Virginia Tourism
- Cape Charles Gazette (e−newsletter)
- Cape Charles Happenings
Eastern Shore Vineyards (top of page)
- Chatham Vineyards (Machipongo)
- Holly Grove Vineyards (Franktown)
- Bloxom Vineyards (Bloxom)
- Paddle Your Glass Off!, a kayaking, winery tour.
- See a map of the vineyard locations.
Museums (top of page)
- Cape Charles Museum
- Cape Charles Lighthouse
- Cape Charles Public Library
- Barrier Island Center
- The Ker House
Day Trips (top of page)
- Assateague National Seashore
- Busch Gardens Williamsburg
- Chincoteague National Wildlife Refuge
- Colonial Williamsburg
- Eastern Shore National Wildlife Refuge
- NASA-Wallops Island Flight Facility
- Ocean Breeze Waterpark
- Virginia Aquarium & Marine Science Center
- Virginia Zoo, Norfolk